Thursday, June 22, 2006

Guelph Multicultural Festival #7


Chinese Seniors Tai Chi dance.

Now for something completely unrelated:

Photographs are often seen as more 'real' than other pictorial representations, e.g. paintings a la 'the camera never lies' (this despite the common belief that 'the camera adds 10 pounds').
With the current prevalence of digital cameras and software editing programs though most people now have a healthy skepticism concerning image 'reality'.
Most consumer cameras have various 'artistic' settings to 'enhance' photos, e.g. to intensify the colours or put the background out of focus.

One new wrinkle on this which I came across today was a camera with a 'slimming' control - you can set it to take 5, 10 or 15 pounds off of subjects. You think I'm making this up - check it out here.
Others have called it the 'eating disorder reinforcement camera' and the 'beer goggle camera' - I'm just waiting for the next model with the 'celebrity' control where no matter who you take a picture of they turn out to be Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt.

Guelph

3 comments:

Lorna said...

Oh no, I don't want to look like Brad Pitt, although he does have nice hair....

randy sutherland said...

haha. On second thought I'm thinking now that they will incorporate an "age control" before the "celebrity control" - so you can dial off 10, 20, 30 years. Upon further reflection (in a mirror no doubt) I'm thinking, hmmm, maybe I should be a little more acccepting of tech trends...

randy sutherland said...

I'm with you there.